NHA intends to boost Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) adoption by providing incentives of up to Rs. 4 crores to hospitals, labs, and digital health service providers.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has announced a Digital Health Incentive Scheme (DHIS) for the stakeholders of the digital health ecosystem.
- The incentives under this scheme would be provided to hospitals and diagnostic labs and also to the providers of digital health solutions such as Hospital/ Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Laboratory Management Information Systems (LMIS).
- Under the DHIS, the eligible health facilities and digital solutions companies shall be able to earn financial incentives of up to Rs. 4 crores based on the number of digital health records they create and link to ABHA (Ayushman Bharat Health Account).
- This incentive can be availed by the health facilities (hospitals and diagnostic labs) registered with ABDM's Health Facility Registry (HFR) and fulfilling the eligibility criterion specified under the scheme.
The National Health Agency (NHA) has launched this scheme, ABDM, to encourage more and more healthcare facilities and digital software companies to come forward for providing patient-centric healthcare. Incentives have played a catalytic role in driving the early adoption of other citizen-centric programs such as UPI, notification of TB cases, Janani Suraksha Yojana, etc. Further, govt. is including solution (HMIS/ LMIS providers in the incentive scheme so that they handhold other health facilities to come on board.
Advantages of the Digital Health Incentive Program-
Earn Digitization Incentives
Reimburse all participating healthcare institutions, DSCs, and health-tech enterprises for digitizing expenditures.
Efficiency in Healthcare Delivery
Access to patients' longitudinal health records is seamless; the healthcare procedure is simplified [registration, appointment, consultation, IPD (inpatient department) admission, discharge, etc]
Creating a Stable Digital Health Ecosystem
Creating a strong digital health ecosystem across all tiers of healthcare institutions
Improved Care Quality
Care that is based on solid evidence and is easily accessible. Improved healthcare delivery and patient access to digital health records.
Now, the real question arises who all are eligible for these incentives?
- Health Centres
- Having at least 10 beds, as listed in the Health Facility Registry
- Diagnostic labs for radiology and laboratories
- Companies offering digital solutions with ABDM capabilities (Digital Solution Companies)
How can we get incentives?
If you are a health facility-
Step 1: Register as a Health Facility on the Health Facility Registry (HFR)
Step 2: Start using ABDM-enabled software.
Step 3: Sign up for DHIS by logging into your HFR profile.
Step 4: Access your HFR profile and claim your incentive.
If you are a digital solution company-
Step 1: Sign up for ABDM Sandbox.
Step 2: Integrate with healthcare facilities and launch it.
Step 3: Sign up for DHIS by logging into your ABDM Sandbox profile.
Step 4: Access your ABDM Sandbox profile and claim your incentive.
Health facilities will only receive benefits if they conduct transactions above the minimum level of transactions (i.e., only the transactions above the threshold).
Note: It is expected that the benefits provided to DSCs will help reduce costs or will be transferred to the relevant health facilities to cover digitization costs, etc.
Cost Incentives for Digital solution (HMIS and LMIS) Companies
1) For each transaction in which hospitals/laboratories use their software and receive incentives under this policy
of the applicable incentive amount received by eligible facilities.
2) Other Transactions (including those conducted by health lockers, Teleconsultation platforms, small clinics, and so on) are permitted if the number of transactions exceeds 200 per month
NHA shall establish a mechanism to capture various types of transactions (by stakeholder) and report them on a publicly accessible benefits dashboard.
The scheme's total financial outlay for the next six months is Rs 50 crore.
NHA will continuously monitor and evaluate the scheme's effectiveness and make appropriate changes regarding its continuation, modification, budget, or otherwise as needed.